API key for connecting Samourai Whirlpool

How do I get the API key for Whirlpool from my Umbrel Dojo or Wallet?

Yesterday it was all working fine without key.
Today after reconnection I get this error message: “Connection failed: API key rejected:”

I don’t know how to get it from: “whirlpool-cli-config.properties”

Hey! Here are the instructions to get this API key.

Open a terminal (Powershell on Windows, Terminal app on macOS) and execute:

ssh -t umbrel@umbrel.local "cat ~/umbrel/app-data/samourai-server/whirlpool/whirlpool-cli-config.properties | sed -n -e 's/^.*cli.apiKey=//p'"

The prompted password is your dashboard password or “moneyprintergobrrr” (without quotes).

2 Likes

Thank you, it works! :slight_smile:

I am having an issue getting the API key as well. I have copied and pasted that command and get ssh: Could not resolve hostname umbrel.local: No such host is known. What am I missing? thanks for any help.

Is your Umbrel up and running? How are you accessing the web interface?

I am also having trouble ssh’ into my node to get Whirlpool running & synced. Keep getting this same error. I’ve even swapped out umbrel.local for the IP address, which is how I access my node dashboard. through IP in browser.

Appreciate any help advice someone might be able to give.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hey guys! The next Samourai Server update will add the display of the Whirlpool API key directly on the Connect page, you will no longer need to SSH in to get it :muscle:.

When I enter the recommended CLI address and API I get “Connection failed: Could not connect to CLI (may take a few seconds to start…).

Are we still just waiting for the Samourai update? Just curious.

1 Like

Yeah same.

Don’t spend more than 2 minutes on whirlpool-gui if it doesn’t work for you. The Samourai wallet can be connected to Dojo just fine, even if whirlpool-gui says something is wrong.

https://givan.se/connecting-whirlpool-to-a-samourai-server-on-umbrel#tldr