“capacity”: “1000000”,
“local_balance”: “998154”,
“remote_balance”: “0”,
“local_chan_reserve_sat”: “10000”,
“remote_chan_reserve_sat”: “10000”,
“initiator”: “INITIATOR_LOCAL”,
“commitment_type”: “ANCHORS”,
“num_forwarding_packages”: “0”,
“chan_status_flags”: “ChanStatusBorked|ChanStatusCommitBroadcasted|ChanStatusLocalCloseInitiator”
},
“limbo_balance”: “998154”,
“commitments”: {
“local_txid”: “[redacted]”,
“remote_txid”: “[redacted]”,
“remote_pending_txid”: “[redacted]”,
“local_commit_fee_sat”: “1186”,
“remote_commit_fee_sat”: “2028”,
“remote_pending_commit_fee_sat”: “0”
},
“closing_txid”: “[redacted]”
}
]
}

Can anything be done to close this channel and return the 998154 sats minus fees?

If you are very impatient, then you can force close that channel. Run this command (put the right id of the channel, this is just an example):

~/umbrel/bin/lncli closechannel --force 851ddc0900b775ff4afbd12ed4c8c003456eaea862ba96664344b06a04eec7c5 1

Again you can run the command to see the maturity:

~/umbrel/bin/lncli pendingchannels

and you will see the new “maturity_height” block number.

I hope you are not hit by this bug…

Thank you for the reply.

“If you are very impatient” Does this mean if I wait and do nothing it will eventually close and return the local balance?

I had previously attempted the force close command (with the correct channel point, [space] instead of [:], but nothing happened.

fwiw I’ve never seen the “maturity_height” after running the pendingchannels command.

Is there a way to know if I’m affected by this bug? If so, are the funds lost?

Thank you!

Yes. Usually takes 144 blocks.

That means is in limbo. Try again the cli command for force close and wait few blocks and run again the pending channels commend, see what happem.

Ok. I ran pendingchannels again, and this time I see maturity_height. About 40 blocks. I’m going to chill for now and see what happens.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Nice! Exactly now just chill. After 40 blocks will be back.

Hello @DarthCoin I’ve had recently a similar issue, I noticed that the channelclose has been pending for couple of months now and this is what I see in lncli pendingchannels

So I was wondering is there anything I could do with the channel? I see that there’s still blocks to maturity but only for those 440 sats, however no info regarding local balance of 2 068 332 sats.

The other peer says the channel is closed for him

Also when I check the closing tx for those 440 sats I this, few little addresses and mine 2 068 332 sats but when I check the address the balance is 440 sats.

Do I have to wait for all of those little transactions to confirm?