Electrs on Umbrel isn’t responding to requests

For a while now, UTXOs are missing and seem to be a constant state of flux with every wallet rescan or refresh causing me to reuse deposit addresses. The log files suggest electrs isn’t responding to requests from my wallets (sparrow, samourai, specter). There are widespread issues across multiple telegram groups of this issue. Does anyone have a workaround or a solution that I can try as for my daily needs, Umbrel is unusable and I have to fall back on my second node on a different implementation which isn’t ideal.

Thanks guys.

Can you provide logs here?
I was maintaining the troubleshooting manual with lots of answers there. Did you check it?

Looks like your elctrs still didn’t finished.
One of the lines final should “compacting database” and that will take a while to finish, several hours.
Only after that it can be considered functional 100%.
I would have a bit more patience.
All other module logs are OK? I mean do the same command but for bitcoin and tor and lnd.
If you see that bitcoin logs is not at the actual height of blocks and is not mentioning 100% then electrs couldn’t catch up. So will be always in a loop.
Sparrow depends on electrs to be finished. So don’t bother looking to it if you are not sure electrs is finished.

Many thanks for your assistance. Just to clarify…

My umbrel node has been online for weeks now and running pretty well with little downtime. Are you referring to the recent upgrade I did a few days ago? Should I wait longer before trying to access an attached wallet? I’ve included full logs here taken just now. Blockheight is correct yet wallets are still missing many UTXOs and changes to the total amount is frequent.

One of the last updates 0.4.6 If I remember correctly, was updating the electrs server to a new version that is rebuilding the whole database of indexes.
If you skipped that version and jumped into 0.4.8 from a previous version, for sure it was updating your electrs and now is doing that re-building database.
I suggest to wait until you see that electrs finished.

For me, when I updated that version with new electrs, took 2 days to be fully functional. I don’t think should take longer for you.

The process is ending with that line
compacting database
Then when that compacting is done, you will just see for each new block a line like this
chain updated: tip=000000000000000000017c21ce1442b221c6ea64d651e3e36aa21973bce835bd, height=711381
with the last block height.
That means your electrs is working fine and is indexed.

chain updated: tip=000000000000000000017c21ce1442b221c6ea64d651e3e36aa21973bce835bd, height=711381 confirmed. Errors on sparrow retrieving wallets…

Now I have to assume that the issue is part of Sparrow? Samourai wallet also displaying incorrect UTXOs.

Did you have running as service Tor in background?
That is a must.

If Electrum is connected well, then also Sparrow and Wasabi should connect behind Tor to your node.
Be sure you follow all the steps in the “connect wallet” instructions.