How to restore your node wallet (updated)

Fixed. Thank you all Mayank helped big time as well.

Sorry but iā€™m a bit confused.

If Step 1 is:

scp <path/to/your/channel/backup/file> umbrel@umbrel.local:/home/umbrel/umbrel/lnd/channel.backup

then shouldnā€™t Step 2 be:

cd ~/umbrel && ./bin/lncli restorechanbackup --multi_file /home/umbrel/umbrel/lnd/channel.backup

?
Thanks

I followed this and it actually didnā€™t work. But it worked fine while node active.

1 Like

Hi Guys, I hope someone can help me. My node crashed and I have now biuld up a complete new node from scratch. I managed to restore my BTC core funds, but still have quite some amount looked in the channels from my old node. Luckely i had created a backup file for my channels. However, I cannot get the command line work as stated in step 1.

The command code used is: scp Users\v_smi\Desktop\New [umbrel@umbrel.local:/home/umbrel/umbrel/lnd/channel.backup]

Outcome of the command after filling my password is no such file or directory. I am not a programmer, or familiar with command codes, so hope someone can help me.

You are trying to get the file from your local PC, not from local drive of the node. You have to copy in your node that file, somewhere in /home/umbrel/ for example. Then run the restore command using the path to that local file.

Hi Darthcoin,

Thank you so much for this response. Do you know what command line i could use in my SSH connection to copy the file from my PC desktop to /home/umbrel/?

or just use a simple USB stick to copy it

Thanks will read it and try it out. My first lesson in Linux command codes :wink:

I personally recommend a simple and fast recover of funds from a dead umbrel node: read the option no.3 (restore in Blixt + create new instance wallet in new Umbrel install). Is the easiest, faster, clean recover. Plus you will get a nice companion for your new Umbrel node.

1 Like

I tried this, but all my channels remain empty and the app keeps syncing. Let me first try your option 1 via SSH and if not working I can try again the Blixt app.

If you already started the process of restore in Umbrel DO NOT START it in any other app or node instance !

I have managed to copy the back file in the umrel/lnd folder and executed the step 2 command via SSH, but nothing is happening. Do I need to name the file differently?

1 Like

name doesnā€™t really matter, can be anything.
What do you expect tpo happen in that terminal command line? Itā€™s done.
As it says in the instructions: go to your Umbrel dashboard and you will see now in the process of closing those channels

I canā€™t seem to copy over my file using SCP, it keeps saying no such file or backup. Do you know how I can manually put this into the umbrel folder? Iā€™m using windows 10. I tried just sticking the memory with the flashed umbrel drive into my computer but I donā€™t see the same files as you guys have postedā€¦

you put twice /home/umbrel/umbrel
It should be only home/umbrel

Oh ok, thats what the guide says to put above. I tried deleting it, still getting same error. I wonder if my .backup file is corruptā€¦

How do you contact Umbrel Dev. I canā€™t find any email address.

1 Like

I canā€™t find where to enter my 24 word seed???

Can you give details to where this is once logged in and viewing dashboard

Thank you in advance

entering seed is BEFORE set your user.

Where? I didnā€™t see anywhere.

The first screen once it opens asks for your name.