Jellyfin Directory Path

If I add media files to a directory called downloads created in Nextcloud, what is the full path to enter as a Library in Jellyfin to access those files?

If I add media files to a directory called downloads created in File Browser, what is the full path to enter as a Library in Jellyfin to access those files?

If I add media files to a directory in some other way, what is the full path to enter as a Library in Jellyfin to access those files?

2 Likes

I too can’t find any documentation on this and would like to know.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with Jellyfin on Umbrel installed on Ubuntu. I was able to resolve this by editing the Jellyfin docker-compose.yml file to add the path of the media folder on ubuntu

in my case this looked like below with the last entry being the new one. I then used the restart script and was able to find the path now in the folder add dialogue under /media/Downloads

volumes:

• ${APP_DATA_DIR}/data/config:/config
  • ${UMBREL_ROOT}/data/storage/downloads:/downloads
  • /home/UBUNTUUSER/Downloads:/media/Downloads

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Where can we find a Jellyfin tutorial

• Library path?
  • How to be discoverable on home network?
    Thanks!

Allright - here are the solutions:

• Library path /downloads links to downloads folder of “file browser”, as can be seen in the docker-compose.yml file
  • Downloads folder in file browser seems not writable - need to CHMOD
  • The most painful thing - making Jellyfin discoverable as DLNA server - failed to make that happen so far, if anyone knows how to do this, please let us know…