Lightning Node stuck at "Updating"

I clicked update, it said updating but never finish. Is there a fix?

Hello. You can try to connect to your device via SSH and try to manually update the applications using the command:
sudo apt-get update
Then:
sudo apt-get upgrade

If after that you get a dependency error, try using sudo dpkg --configure -a
and then again sudo apt-get upgrade.

If that doesn’t help, try sudo dpkg -l to see a list of installed packages on the system. Find the one that will contain Lightning in its name (I don’t know the exact name of the lightning application, so here you will have to figure out which of the found ones will be your lightning node so as not to delete the extra application) and delete it manually using sudo apt-get autoremove *name-of-app*

I can’t vouch for the consequences of these actions, because as far as I know, something can happen to your open channels in the lightning network. I have not yet experienced working with the lightning network, so I can’t say for sure how deleting the application will affect your bitcoins on the network.

You can then manually install the app again usingsudo apt-get install *name-of-app* or go to the Umbrel GUI and install the app through the app manager.

Hope these tips help you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks pizzaeater! So far, I close all channels and restart Umbrel and the machine. It did solve the problem.

1 Like