Newbie Node help

Hello,

I ran a Raspberry Pi 4 using GetUmbrel, everything was fine and I was 100% synced. Now my node isn’t flashing the same lights and umbrel.local isnt connecting.

Any advice is appreciated.

Try to get in via ssh by opening terminal/powershell and typing in ssh -t umbrel@umbrel.local

Click “yes” to the agreement (if it’s the first time) and then type in your umbrel password to get in. If you’re on an older version of umbrel the default password is moneyprintergobrrr

Once in you can try to type in the command ping 8.8.8.8 (which is Google) to see if you have internet. (type “control key + C” to stop the ping)

Add node IP into your hosts file
Go to the hosts file located into: C\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\start editing with notepad
add the following line:
192.168.x.x umbrel.local

(replace 192.168.x.x with your local IP assigned for your node)

If you’re having an internet connection problem you can try this community board to help solve it.

Thank you both for your replies. I really want to try both of your recommendations, however both are far over my head. Again, thanks for any assistance you are willing to provide!

Did you get it up and running?

No, still unsuccessful. Going to try to tackle it again in the near future. Any resources are appreciated!