Nostr relay not connecting

Hi everyone,

I installed the nostr relay app but it’s stuck on “connecting to relay”. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

STF

Can you try to reboot your node via System > Restart?

Then wait ~5-10 minutes

Let me know if this works and we can continue to troubleshoot

Rebooted my pi 12 hours ago, shows connected, but messages not backed up to my ws://umbrel.local:4848

rebooted but still having same issue “connecting to relay”

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Seems to be working now… not sure what I did exactly. Restarted the node + removed/ re-added the relay to my nostr profile.

1 Like

@anon56546899 @flea What Nostr clients are you all using? Do you mind to share a screenshot of your Nostry Relays screen? If you’re on Tailscale it must be enabled on the device and can check MagicDNS is also enabled here: https://login.tailscale.com/admin/dns
If you’re using local network Tailscale should be off, as well as any other VPN on your client device… Try restarting your client app and then re-adding the relay as well as a troubleshooting step, happy to further assist!

@usernameisJim
I’m having the same issue. I’m using the client Iris and Snort with the same result. The client cannot connect to the relay. I’m on a local network, Tailscale is off and I’m not using any VPN, if I try to access from the same web browser to http://umbrel.local:4848/ I can see that the relay is running.
I’ve tried restarting umbrel, restarting the client and re-adding the relay without success.

Having similar issue. Rebooted umbrel, reinstalled Amethyst. Restarted tailscale on my phone.

However, I see Amethyst (and a websocket tester) hitting my local relay (i.e. wss://mytailscaledomain) when I add it. The logs (via docker logs -f containerid).

2023/03/07 16:06:41 Accept: TCP{someip:43660 > mytailnetIP:myrelayport} 60 tcp ok
2023/03/07 16:06:41 Accept: TCP{someip:43660 > mytailnetIP:myrelayport} 52 tcp non-syn
2023/03/07 16:06:41 Accept: TCP{someip:43660 > mytailnetIP:myrelayport} 569 tcp non-syn

Am I missing something on my umbrel?