Number of peers is only about 10

Now that i am running umbrel 0.3.12, the number of peers stays around 10 instead of about 125 before the recent umbrel upgrade. Also, my network traffic is down 95%+.

Has the default number of peers changed with the recent umbrel update? How can i control this number?

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Have the same questions…Also when you use the bitcoin explorer app it shows 0 inbound. Are we not supporting the network? Only outbound connections? On my raspiblitz I have around 30 connections.

"localrelay": true,
    "timeoffset": -3,
    "networkactive": true,
    "connections": 10,
    "connections_in": 0,
    "connections_out": 10,
 Whats going on with this???

I believe with Umbrel we’re not supporting the on-chain network, but it’s not really a problem. There is plenty of uploading nodes. It’s not a bottleneck.

Having said that I would like to have incoming connections on Umbrel.

The main reason I run the node is to support the onchain. I understand why some people would not want to be sending that much data but it should at least be an option.

1 Like

Right now the best way you can support the Bitcoin network is by opening a few LN channels if you can, because it helps routing payments and thus allows most small transactions to move to the 2nd layer from on-chain reducing fee pressure. This is especially helpful if your LN fees are low.