Opening balanced channels to various countries

Sorry, of not opening a channel to your node, my funds are limited and I want to stick to my idea of adding only countries which are not on my list yet :slightly_smiling_face:

• Switzerland :switzerland:
  • USA :us:
  • Australia :australia:
  • New Zealand :new_zealand:
  • Japan :jp:
  • Netherlands :netherlands:

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hey @Deekee,
if you don’t mind, I’m adding a 2M channel from :de: and trying to loop out 1M once established.

Don’t want to split it in half?

That’s what Loop Out does. It creates an automated off-chain to on-chain swap (1M in this case) through Lightning Labs server. So in fact the channel is balanced afterwards without the need for the other side to act.
-> https://lightning.engineering/loop/
Always wanted to give it a try.

I think, split/push is probably the easiest and cheapest way, but it obviously involves some trust, but it’s better to just have one balanced channel, as the individual channels get off balance very quickly and you’re having to pay more often for rebalancing fees. It’s also better to have a balanced channel as more will route through you.

That’s right.
Fees are on me now. Loop process is already running, mempool fees are increasing at the moment, so I think it’ll take some time to finish.

Opened up balanced channel from Sweden :sweden: and Deekee sent half back through on chain transaction
Thanks Deekee, now just 187 countries to go!

The list of countries I’m connected to is grow, thanks to all for the trust :slight_smile:

• :switzerland:Switzerland

• :us:USA

• :new_zealand:New Zealand

• :australia:Australia

• :jp:Japan

• :netherlands:Netherlands

• :sweden:Sweden

• :fr:France

• :de:Germany

• :hong_kong:Hongkong

1 Like

how can you tell the country of origin? that’s cool i’d like to check for my channels as well.

In some cases you can while checking 1ml.com, I’ve just contacted people who stated their country in the forum or profile to open a bc with me…

1 Like

Added Spain :es: and Iceland :iceland: today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So glad to open a channel with you @Deekee

Good luck on connecting to more countries.

Takk fyrir mig :iceland:

Thanks for connecting and opening a balanced channel. Hope to see you add more countries. :es:

Hi, I am from Germany but living in Taiwan. We can connect. But I still need to wait for the full sync. Can’t wait to connect to the whole world :earth_africa:

1 Like

I looking forward to connect to Taiwan, just contact me via https://t.me/deekee62 once you’re ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m Swiss

Hey @Deekee – thanks for the connection! You can now add Portugal to your list.

(I opened a 50-50% channel of 2M and @Deekee did an immediate return on-chain payment of 1M. Trusted.)

Appreciate @Deekee for your co-operation and opening a mutual channel.

:pray: Thanks to all the people who had trust in me :ok_hand: and nice to see the list of countries to which my node is connected to getting bigger

-:switzerland:Switzerland

• :us:USA
  • :new_zealand:New Zealand
  • :australia:Australia
  • :jp:Japan
  • :netherlands:Netherlands
  • :sweden:Sweden
  • :fr:France
  • :de:Germany
  • :hong_kong:Hongkong
  • :es:Spain
  • :iceland:Iceland
  • :portugal:Portugal
  • :ru:Russia

Hope to add more soon!

2 Likes

Hello, Node operator in Austria here if anyone wants to connect to my node:

03dd57a095459084935089a8d4326fa4e9e09adbfc8bc568e47051ac74beffc16f@dzseps4rrcmypojlj2fxqeqqdgnzbyfmtih3syq7kldbi7sbe2mpqgid.onion:9735

2 Likes