Raspberry always on, even if computer off

I access my Raspberry Pi through «umbrel.local» from my Windows computer. I would like to leave my Raspberry full node on all the time, but be able to turn my computer off sometimes. Is it possible?

Also, «umbrel.local» logs me out after 20 minutes of inactivity. Is it still doing its job behind the scene even when I am logged out?

Thank you for your help.

Yes, you can turn off your computer, and leave the Raspberry Pi running 24/7 no problem.

Umbrel is always running in the background, so even if the dashboard logs you out, it’s normal behavior.

1 Like

Get yourself an app like Zeus LN and connect your node and you can monitor it from your phone no matter where you are.

Thank you. I will do that.

So I guess this means that the Raspberry full node is doing it’s thing for the Bitcoin network regardless of whether I am logged in or not (through umbrel.local or Zeus).

1 Like

That is correct. If you want to ensure your up time, then by a couple of small UPS’s. One for your umbrel and the other for your network router. That will ensure you don’t go down during a power outage or grid disturbance. Even if you don’t have a backup, everything should restart automatically.