Refuse ordinal transactions

Hello,

It’s now been 4 months since ordinals have invaded the bitcoin mempool and it doesn’t seem to work out so if you know what this implies there is a community App Store that allows you to refuse ordinal transactions in the mempool here is the link: https://github.com/Retropex/Bitcoin-store

1 Like

Wow, it’s crazy how many people want to dictate others how they have to use bitcoin.
So you start to censor transactions and becoming like governments that want to tell people how they have to spend their money.

Don’t forget that installing a different bitcoin core can be risky and it will not change anything.
Most nodes will not censor transactions so it doesn’t matter what your node is doing. It’s also possible to connect directly to a pool and push the transaction without the mempool network.

Im not a Fan of Ordinals, but you can not stop it with this childish censoring. Well all agreed to the consensus rules and this includes inscriptions. No matter if you like it or not.

1 Like

I don’t force anyone it’s everyone’s good will, I just give the opportunity to choose.

2 Likes

Yeah … rieger_san is invading every ordinals thread misleading people into passivity.

Maybe it’s important to clear one thing up that potentially confuses a lot of people on this topic. In Bitcoin there are two types of rules concerning transactions.

• Consensus rules, which determine what kind of transactions/blocks are allowed to be added to the blockchain.
  • Standardness rules, which are mempool policies determining which unconfirmed transactions are allowed into the mempool and relayed to peers. These exist primarily to mitigate spam.

What you need to understand is that standardness rules are there to filter out transactions that are perfectly in consensus, but can harm the network by spamming or abusing it. For example, a transaction paying 0 fees is in consensus and can be added to the chain but gets filtered out via mempool policy because it is an attack vector for ddos spam. Same goes for OP_RETURN data, which is by default limited to 80 bytes to prevent people from abusing the blockchain as arbitrary data storage (sound familiar?). An ordinal filter is just one more spam filter added to the standardness rules. This is nothing novel or unheard of. On the contrary, it is perfectly in line with what nodes have always done. Any talk of ‘censorship’ is either misinformed or an attempt at gaslighting.

I totally agree with you, I also think that this is the outcome that bitcoiners will take, simply limit inscription to avoid the spam we currently have.

And here we have the proof that these childish censoring filters are completely useless!

Yes it’s consensus that 0 sat/vbyte transactions are spam but here is thing for you:
Have a look at this 0 fee transaction https://mempool.space/tx/c1e0db6368a43f5589352ed44aa1ff9af33410e4a9fd9be0f6ac42d9e4117151
which was mined one week ago :wink:

Fun fact, the transaction was a “attack” on the ordinals protocol because these NFT inscriptions things are bullshit.

This proofs two things:

1. Ordinals is bullshit and full of bugs because it has no anchor to the main chain
  2. Your childish censoring of transactions is completely useless because when I really want a transaction mined then I send the data direct to the mining pool or the a miner.

The Bitcoin Blockchain will be used not only for btc transactions. You should start accepting this fact. If you don’t agree with it you should start searching a different blockchain.

1 Like

Ok so you’re telling us that our nodes saving ~700mb of RAM and who knows how much CPU and bandwidth while communicating a principled stance against spammy, scammy and buggy bullshit is ‘useless’ and ‘childish’. If that’s the case, I want to be the most useless child that I can possibly be.

1. Your childish censoring of transactions is completely useless because when I really want a transaction mined then I send the data direct to the mining pool or the a miner.

If spammers are required to set up direct communication with miners because they get thrown out of the mempool then that’s a good enough disincentive since it is a form of rate limiting. And that is exactly why standardness rules exist, which is what you so conveniently ignore.

The Bitcoin Blockchain will be used not only for btc transactions. You should start accepting this fact. If you don’t agree with it you should start searching a different blockchain.

Spam filters that prevent abuse of the blockchain as a store of random data have been part of Bitcoin Core since day 1, and that’s for a good reason. Redeclaring Bitcoin to be an ‘arbitrary data storage’ and redefining spam filters as ‘censorship’ is such a disingenuous attempt at gaslighting that I’m starting to think you might own some BRC20 tokens.

1 Like