Reset umbrel.local Password and recover funds

Hey guys,

I lost my password for my umbrel.local and am hoping to recover my node and funds within the wallet. I have looked at a couple forums but am unsure how to save my fund on the umbrel wallet. I do have my seed phrase handy.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Best.

Hey,

If it’s funds in your bitcoin wallet, that can be recovered with the seed phrase. Either import that into bluewallet or set up umbrel again with that seed.

If you funds are on lightning, you may need to close channels first or save your channel.backup to close afterwards.

Maybe someone else can chime in whether there is a way to save the channels or if you can still access RTL/ThunderHub.

Also forgot to mention, you may have to reflash your ad card to reset the SSH password back to moneyprintergobrrr.

Did you have lightning channels?

You can indeed reset all user data following the instructions given in “Reset your Umbrel user data (if you lost your password)” of the FAQ.

Fund are recovered with Blue Wallet. I found the FAQ and plugged the code into my terminal. Command was not found. Is there a step I am missing?

sudo systemctl stop umbrel-startup && sudo rm -rf ~/umbrel/lnd/!(lnd.conf) && sudo rm ~/umbrel/db/user.json && sudo rm ~/umbrel/db/umbrel-seed/seed && sudo systemctl start umbrel-startup

I have been trying to switch networks, but nothing has been allowing me to restart my node. Even used a fresh micro SD.

Any other tips on how to get my node running again?

You first need to SSH into your node to execute the reset command. Can you confirm you did that? If so, can you send the whole error output?