Samourai Dojo not working since update 0.4.4

Hi,

First off: can somebody confirm Samourai Dojo is working correctly for them?
You can test this by connecting Sentinel to the dojo and see the history of an xpub.
For me: I don’t see balance / transaction history in Sentinel.
And before we get into all kinds of possible solutions, I would like to check if I am alone.

For me this is not working since 0.4.4 and I am LFG for someone to confirm this for 2 weeks now.

Thanks

Nope, not working at all (restarted, waited a couple of days, etc).

I hope that Umbrel update Dojo soon to 1.12.0 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response!
Sort of good to finally hear I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Ok, so on to the troubleshooting.

Here is the log of my Samourai. Can Umbrel maintainer perhaps put this on issuelog?

node_1 | 2021-10-22T08:31:10Z ERROR Orchestrator : Orchestrator.onBlockHash() : Error
node_1 | Error: ER_NO_SUCH_TABLE: Table ‘samourai-main.scheduled_transactions’ doesn’t exist
node_1 | at Query.Sequence._packetToError (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/sequences/Sequence.js:47:14)
node_1 | at Query.ErrorPacket (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/sequences/Query.js:79:18)
node_1 | at Protocol._parsePacket (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:291:23)
node_1 | at Parser._parsePacket (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Parser.js:433:10)
node_1 | at Parser.write (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Parser.js:43:10)
node_1 | at Protocol.write (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:38:16)
node_1 | at Socket. (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:88:28)
node_1 | at Socket. (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:526:10)
node_1 | at Socket.emit (events.js:400:28)
node_1 | at addChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:293:12)
node_1 | --------------------
node_1 | at Pool.query (/home/node/app/node_modules/mysql/lib/Pool.js:199:23)
node_1 | at /home/node/app/lib/db/mysql-db-wrapper.js:387:19
node_1 | at new Promise ()
node_1 | at MySqlDbWrapper._query (/home/node/app/lib/db/mysql-db-wrapper.js:385:12)
node_1 | at MySqlDbWrapper.getActivatedScheduledTransactions (/home/node/app/lib/db/mysql-db-wrapper.js:1963:17)
node_1 | at Orchestrator.onBlockHash (/home/node/app/pushtx/orchestrator.js:92:28)
node_1 | at runMicrotasks ()
node_1 | at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5) {
node_1 | code: ‘ER_NO_SUCH_TABLE’,
node_1 | errno: 1146,
node_1 | sqlMessage: “Table ‘samourai-main.scheduled_transactions’ doesn’t exist”,
node_1 | sqlState: ‘42S02’,
node_1 | index: 0,
node_1 | sql: ‘SELECT * FROM scheduled_transactions WHERE schTrigger <= 706125 AND schParentID IS NULL’
node_1 | }

1 Like

I have problems connecting with Electrum too and I readed a lot about it (it seems that last version of Umbrel maybe was updated too early) but that’s OK.

Devs are on their way. I hope they stills offering a good service and not focusing too much on sell the products that they’re selling because there is always time to make money if development and philosophy behind the project keeps healty.

so did you fixe your problem ??? Me I have an issue with Whirlpool who was working fine for months with Umbrel + Dojo … But It stopped functioning (= impossible now to connect whirlpool to Dojo server via my Umbrel node) so I restarted Umbrel node, reinstalled Whirlpool and did as usual… but the problem is still remaining :frowning: does anyone had the same issue ??? thx in advance …

1 Like

So,… I have the privilege of owning a Synology NAS.
I allready host a bunch of personal cloud stuff on there.
And now that umbrel isn’t working properly (at least some of the apps like dojo), i am installing dojo on my Synology. Just to have a fallback for future situations like this.

So, to awnser your question: no not working on umbrel yet, waiting for new version.
But I can use dojo on synology (when these slow HDD finished syncing the full chain at least).

thx for your answer … the thing is that i did not upgrade… i did not change my UMBREL version, but it started going bad this month … and since just not working …

How is Sinology ? does it mean you can run your own server and cloud and have 100% privacy ??? does this mean that you connect your Dojo then to your Umbrel node from there ?

Synology is great. I have the model DS920+
You can install the native apps on it: like hosting you own photos app (like google photos), and torrent downloader, etc.

But it also supports docker, so you can run whatever. And that also means stuff like dojo.
But the Dojo running on my Synology, has nothing to do with Umbrel (running on raspberry). Both are completely indepentant. Each with there own full btc node (and 500GB copy of blockchain).

So, on my umbrel, I have updated to v0.4.5
Still not working, but I get an other exception now:

node_1 | 2021-10-24T19:53:48Z ERROR Tracker : BlockchainProcessor.catchup()
node_1 | TypeError: Cannot read property ‘blockHeight’ of null
node_1 | at BlockchainProcessor.catchup (/home/node/app/tracker/blockchain-processor.js:69:29)
node_1 | at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
node_1 | at async BlockchainProcessor.start (/home/node/app/tracker/blockchain-processor.js:49:5)
node_1 | at async Tracker.start (/home/node/app/tracker/tracker.js:46:5)
node_1 | 2021-10-24T19:53:50Z ERROR Tracker : BlockchainProcessor.catchup()
node_1 | TypeError: Cannot read property ‘blockHeight’ of null
node_1 | at BlockchainProcessor.catchup (/home/node/app/tracker/blockchain-processor.js:69:29)
node_1 | at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
node_1 | at async BlockchainProcessor.start (/home/node/app/tracker/blockchain-processor.js:49:5)
node_1 | at async Tracker.start (/home/node/app/tracker/tracker.js:46:5)

1 Like

it sounds great … I will check it out thx.

So you use your samourai wallet and Whirlpool via Dojo on Synology DS920 right ?

Well,… I installed it last Thursday on my Synology.
And since I dont have SSD in it (only HDD), it is still at 25% syncing the bitcoin blockchain :smiley:

So not really “using” it yet, but I expect it to be synced in about 2 weeks?

Anyways: I was just in Telegram chat. And learned they had a fix for Samourai on Umbrel.
They will push it out today.

thx a lot for your answers …

SSD seems wiser for sure to deal with the Bitcoin blockchain faster…
take care

Pinging @louneskmt on this one, seems like the problem has not been resolved with updates to umbrel.

I just can’t use Whirlpool … this is frustrating ): any clues ??