Umbrel is unavailable after few hours

I’ve been running my node since last year with no issues, using all recommended hardware, SSD, name brand SATA cable, RPi power supply, etc. It has been solid, with 100% uptime between version reboots. Then out of the blue, I found my node not accessible, no ping/ssh/web/etc. Hard power down/reboot was the only way to recover access for less than 24 hours, when it would become unreachable again.

Digging through the dmesg.log file, I noticed a bunch of random virtual Ethernet ports and DHCP IPv6 errors, followed by “entered blocking state” and “entered forwarding state”, and eventually ending with some variation of the message “IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth2ece9ed: link becomes ready”.

Going back to my basic troubleshooting classes, I thought “What’s changed recently?” I realized I just installed a new router which has IPv6 enabled by default. I don’t use IPv6 on anything, so on a hunch, I disabled the IPv6 DHCP on the router. Now my node has been up and operational with no issues for the past week.

Not sure if this is just a fluke or some strange IPv6 bug with the Verizon FIOS router or Umbrel OS, but this seems to have solved my issues.

Take a look at the dhcpcd.conf file content ( it is in /etc).
If you don´t yet use fixed IP consider this.

Strongly recommend to do this
http://community.umbrel.com/t/how-to-set-a-static-ip-for-your-umbrel-machine/