Umbrel - The version of UmbrelOS on your microSD card is not compatible with the version of Umbrel on your external drive

I’m trying to get this thing restarted now for over a month.
Bought new sd cards, new cable, static ip, tried all the shit.
What now?

Hello Mikel357,

We are here to help! Could you please provide us more information about your setup? What errors are you running into?

Thank you,
Max

Error this error that. Depend on what I try, which version of umbrel ensor on.

Hello Mikel357,

We apologize you are running into issues. For me and my team to be able to assist you properly we will require more information.

Please let us know if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

Thank you,
Max

I am now trying to ssh into my umbrel. I get the answer port 22 connection timed out.

Ok - if this is the error you are receiving that means your Raspberry Pi or other system is not properly connected to your network.

Please ensure that you can perform other basic functions on your Raspberry Pi before continuing.

Thank you,
Max

It used to work fine. My router identifies umbrel. What can be wrong?

Hi Mikel357,

There are a number of things that can be wrong. So lets troubleshoot to find the best possible resolution for you.

Please perform the following:

• Unplug and re-plug your Umbrel device
  • Please confirm that your Umbrel device IP matches the IP you are SSH’ing into.
  • You may need to re-flash your Umbrel system if this does not work.

Thank you,
Max

Tried 1 and 2 a hundred times. 3 also but if I reflase umbrel 5 is says its the wrong version. If I try 4 it doesn’t work.

Hi Mikel357,

Could I get the exact error message you receive when flashing? Also, what device exactly are you trying to flash?

Thanks,
Max

I don’t get error while flashing, its after I put it in the rspi, it don’t work. If I flash umbrel 5 it says wrong version and 4.18 and 4…don’t work.

Hi Mikel357,

What model and ver. number of raspberry Pi are you trying to flash?

Thanks,
Max

Huh? The sd card right?
Pi4

Hi Mikel357,

Can I please get word-for-word the exact error message you receive when trying to access Umbrel.
It sounds to me that we may not be flashing the Raspberry Pi correctly? You are choosing the SD card as the bootable drive and following the front-end on-screen instructions on installing it, correct?

Thank you,
Max

I flash my sd card. I put it in pi. I start laptop and pit in ip adres of umbrel. Sometimes it says:

• starting umbrel, and stays on this screen till freezes.
  • it says wrong version of umbrel.
  • I get the can not connect screen.

Hi Mikel357,

Can you please attach a screenshot of this error you see from the webpage that says wrong version of Umbrel?

Thank you,
Max

Well I got the others but I don’t have that one. I’m not fond of the idea to do that all over again. See attached others.

I can’t attached documents from galary. Not sure you want to see them, it says exactly as I say.
Are you out of options too?

Hi Mikel357,

In order for me to troubleshoot beyond basic measures and to provide you a resolution - it requires information that I do not currently have. I will need to have an image the exact error message for me to continue.

I do apologize and hope we can find a resolution.

Thank you,
Max

No way man. You are asking me to reflah the sd card, restart the router and hope I get the same error so I can send you this?
Fuck. So my previous steps where correct?
This will take hours dude. For a text saying it is not compatible.
Fuck.