Umbrel Troubleshooting Guide

My Umbrella Note’s 100% synchronised is done. What should I do next because he is doing zero Satoshi show in my account.
The channel is also not opening, because there is no balance in my account, so what should I do and how will the balance come?
Plz helppppp :pray::pray::pray:

Hi @mahesh

You need to send BTC/Sats to your node. once the transaction has been confirmed by the blockchain, you can open channels to other nodes.

You will find many channels on the homepage of 1ml.com. You are also welcome to open a channel to me. as soon as you have enough remote balance, I like to rebalance the channel. my address is:

02c655f6d1a332ca83113bba5037f6df92807d792c049219dec3e329ff5b08b7ac@uqzan7wrcjgov7p24gerncdfer3xgdvww2kvzoml342lkbxobwzkpnad.onion:9735

1 Like

Thanks for reply
I thought I would earn some money.
as you mentioned i need to buy some satoshi
If I have to buy some satoshi Then what will I gain from this node?

You will never really make a profit. the channels cost money, the node consumes electricity and has also cost money. the few satoshi you can earn will NEVER cover your costs. We do all this FOR bitcoin and build a simple payment method.

4 Likes

Have you earned anything?

Then why is everyone going so mad? There are many node making videos on youtube. In the video, it is shown like this, what can you do?
I ask you, is there really any earning from node making or mining?

Please first thing do this: read the getting started with Umbrel manual

we are patriots and want to promote Bitcoin and make it safer. In addition, we have a truly anonymous access to Bitcoin without KYC. in addition, we have access that we can regulate ourselves in the Lightning Network. I have already earned a few Satoshi but spent far more on channels and balance.

2 Likes

I can´t understand why using very low fees. Routing should cost few dolar cents, but not free service.

#ZeroFeeFebruary

All those running a LN node, let’s set our LN channels fees to 0/0 for the whole month of February!

Why? Because “F”:

• February
  • Fee
  • Fuck banks
  • Fuck fiat
  • Fuck you money
  • Freedom
  • Free choice
  • Free market
7 Likes

Hello, I’ve been trying with no success. It might be that connecting using SSH is not necessary for step1?

Yes, scp command is not inside SSH
Read more here

and here is a full guide about restoring an umbrel node funds

Entered my node using SSH. I tried

`~/umbrel/bin/lncli pendingchannels

But absolutely nothing happens, just a new line. Blockchain is synched 100% after restore since 1 day. 1 channel still has not closed yet.

What could I try?

Install the Umbrel app Lightning Shel and you will have a nice web access to all cli commands and many more tools

2 Likes

Hey. thanks for this guide. I just assigned a fixed ip to my node and finally I can access it anytime I want.
While doing the static IP, I see that there was an update available but after I gave a static IP update reminder went missing and when I check for updates through settings it says last version but it’s 0.4.10. Tried to update with SSH and I get this warning:

Any tips? Thanks!

You are doing it WRONG!
Do not update through Lightning Shell app!

The procedure for manual updating is very clear (and all commands in the /umbrel/ folder):

1. stop umbrel scripts
  2. update OS system (if your machine is not Rasp Pi)
  3. restart machine
  4. run the Umbrel manual update script command
  5. start umbrel script
    Done
1 Like

Hey, thanks for the response.
Well as you can see from the screenshot I have tried to use the commands on the FAQ.
I’m running it on Rasp Pi. Just looked into stop umbrel script on github. It goes like this:

Would you mind giving me the command order so I can learn this process?
Thanks.

Try rm -f ~/umbrel/statuses/update-in-progress && sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/update/update --repo getumbrel/umbrel#v0.4.14

I restored my Umbrel node from seed but my balance is zero.

I upgraded my Pi Umbrel from a 1TB to a 2TB hard drive. I managed to close out my LND channels and return all the sats to my Bitcoin Wallet using the commands provided, but the wallet was incorrect.

I followed the instructions, but now my Bitcoin Wallet balance is 0. I created a wallet in BlueWallet with the original Umbrel seed phrase and see that all the sats are there, so I know I have not lost anything, but would like to know if the commands here should restore the transaction history on Umbrel. Thanks!

If you already have all the funds in Bluewallet I would suggest to reset your user data and start from scratch (without re-sync). See the troubleshooting manual the section about reset user data.
Seems that you didn’t read the dedicated guide for restoring or moving old node to new node, or you didn’t copied correctly the data from the old drive and that end up in starting a new reindex and rescan of the addresses.

You should look into your electr logs and bitcoin logs and have patience to wait until the rescan is done.

I read the How to restore your node wallet, which is how I got as far as I did. This was how I restored my funds for my LND channels, but could not seem to restore the sats to the Bitcoin Wallet.

I could certainly try again with step 1, but I do not believe that will show the funds in the Bitcoin Wallet again. I came to the same conclusion as your recommendation about starting over and transferring the funds to the new Umbrel node wallet, but wanted to check to make sure there was not another way to keep the same seed phrase and capture the transactions from the blockchain. It seems odd to me that I cannot force the Bitcoin Wallet to rescan the entire blockchain for my transactions.

Is there a way to delete, recreate, and reload the blockchain on my new 2TB SSD via command line? Would that even make a difference?

@DarthCoin you are an amazing Force to be reckoned with in this community and are consistently helpful to all of us learning about Umbrel. Thanks man! I appreciate you.