Uninstalling apps stuck

Hi,

Running Umbrel 0.5.3 and when I try to uninstall any app it stuck on “uninstalling” state.
Rebooted several times via settings but no change. I am not able to re-install as it stuck on uninstalling state.

any advice?

thanks in advance

1 Like

any way to uninstall the apps manually via command line?

Hi, i have the same issue trying to uninstall jellyfin. Would be useful to have a command line uninstall written.

have same problem… I can do that at cli but GUI…

Having the same issue here. What’s the script to remove manually?

Login into the server via ssh

find the name of the app
$~/umbrel/scripts/app ls-installed

remove with the following command
$~/umbrel/scripts/app uninstall “name of the app”

1 Like

Hi, I have this same issue with the Bitcoin Node app. When I introduce this command appears the following message:

umbrel@umbrel:~ $ sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/app uninstall bitcoin

Removing images for app bitcoin…

touch: cannot touch ‘/home/umbrel/umbrel/app-data/bitcoin/data/app/IS_POST_ADVANCED_SETTINGS_INSTALL’: No such file or directory

cat: /home/umbrel/umbrel/app-data/bitcoin/docker-compose.yml: No such file or directory

Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Hi,

I am able to SSH in and attempt to remove the offending app with your instructions, but I hit a new error:

ERROR: The Compose file ‘/home/umbrel/umbrel/app-data/plex/docker-compose.yml’ is invalid because:
services.server.environment contains non-unique items, please remove duplicates from [‘PUID=1000’, ‘PGID=1000’, ‘VERSION=docker’, ‘PLEX_CLAIMclaim-w8An10s-183n01n8c’, ‘PLEX_CLAIMclaim-dasdfasdfasdf’, 'PLEX_CLAIMclaim-asdf-as89d8f7, 'PLEX_CLAIMclaim-Rasdfasd, ‘PLEX_CLAIMclaim-asd-9j18nasdp’]
umbrel@umbrel:~$

I’ve obscured the claim codes so ignore that if they look wonky.
I migrated Plex over from a Rasberry Pi running UmbrelOS and whatever was broken in Plex before has carried over during the migration. I can see that there appears to be a conflict between the data listed but I’m uncertain how to resolve that so I can try a fresh install of Plex on the Umbrel Home.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Update,

I seemed to be able to clear the botched Plex install/update by running
sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/app install plex
And restarting my Umbrel Home.
Just in case anyone else gets stuck.

1 Like