Electrum wallet connecting to Umbrel

Hello,

I’m struggling to connect my desktop Electrum wallet to my Umbrel node. I used the guide on Umbrel but am struggling at the Proxy step:

1. Go to the “Proxy” tab.
  2. Check “Use Tor proxy at port 9050”
  3. Click “Close”. Wait for a few seconds and the dot at the bottom right should turn blue.
  4. Congratulations! You’ve successfully connected Electrum Wallet to your Umbrel.

My options in my electrum wallet have a drop down for SOCKS4 and SOCKS 5 and then two blank boxes. Below that are two more boxes for a ‘Proxy user’ and ‘pass’.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

It’s simple, just follow this tutorial
How to connect Electrum to your node

Thanks for the response, my options look a little different though as I’m using Tor and struggling with the Proxy part as shown in steps above

Those instructions are exactly for using behind tor

I am having the exact same problems, except it appears that Electrum now says “Use Tor proxy at port 9150” instead of 9050.

I can maintain a connection using TOR using an automatic server, but when using the “onion” address that Umbrel provides for my Node as part of the “Connect Wallet” instructions, it won’t connect. Any thoughts?

I am currently using Electrum 4.1.2 on windows, for reference.

Update here, looks like the Tor proxy node is variable, its back to 9050, and it appears my wallet is now connected (blue icon).

I’m having this same issue. I am struggling at the Proxy step:

1. Go to the “Proxy” tab.
  2. Check “Use Tor proxy at port 9050”
  3. Click “Close”. Wait for a few seconds and the dot at the bottom right should turn blue.

My options in my electrum wallet have a drop down for SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 and then the two boxes to the right of this dropdown say “localhost” and 9150. Below that are two more empty boxes for a ‘Proxy user’ and ‘pass’.

I confirmed Tor is running. I’m using a mac laptop. I’m unsure why I don’t see the option the instructions say that I will.

Same problem

Is Tor running on your computer? How?

Hello “Diesel”, have you found a solution to your problem… suffer same issue since days of work and no solution in sight!