Internet issues - download almost 50%

New node, Raspberry pi setup, basically a carbon copy of recommended hardware. Network has been downloading beautifully once I set it up, and I am at about 50% last time I was able to check this morning.

My node is connected via ethernet cable directly into the router, and my computer is on wifi. While setting up, I could not access through the umbrel.local address, so I found a couple posts online telling me to find the IP address. Went into my router admin page and found the umbrel IP, typed that into the browser and viola! Was able to set up account and start the download. I was able to access umbrel several times on my desktop, as well as my phone.

Now, almost 24 hours later, using the same IP address in the browser, I get the death spiral on both my desktop and phone browsers. Message is “This site can’t be reached” and that it took too long to respond. All connections seem to be fine and lights are all clicking away.

My first thought is to unplug the router and giving it a reset, and second thought is to unplug the node. I don’t know enough about the setup process to trust either of these solutions, I wouldn’t want to jeopardize the download, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I’m just curious why the umbrel.local link doesn’t work. Is there a way to set it up so that it does (eliminating the need for the IP address)?

Hello, have you found the solution to this problem?

I have the exact same situation right now. Thanks in advance.