Introducing the new Umbrel Community forum

I’m a complete noob with no business having bought all the hardware for this. Cheers!

2 Likes

Although, a computer user since the 1990’s and have been called tech savvy I have no programming experience. No Linux experience. No Raspberry Pi experience.

1. Purchased everything on the getumbrel website’s “Install Umbrel on a Raspberry Pi 4” Recommended Hardware list from Amazon.
  2. Followed the instructions exactly as provided. (did have to flash the SD Card twice).
  3. I’m currently at 82% synchronization of the Bitcoin Core.
  4. Can’t wait to learn more.

It’s a good feeling to know that I’m doing my part to contribute to the decentralization of bitcoin and getting to take part in the transfer of the power to control money being given to the common man. Thanks Satoshi Nakamoto.

4 Likes

Hi @mayank,
I am a bit late to the party however, as I stated on my twitter feed “Umbrel OS is a wicked bit of kit” and I cant believe only now I am lucky enough to be discovering Umbrel.

After being in this space for as long as I have, We all have probably seen our fair share of promising ideas. This is what we all dreamed about as we envisioned our own ideal version of the perfect bitcoin node setup.

Its a great idea to have a Community forum to help pull together all our experience’s and help build up a wealth of knowledge around Operating & Running a Full Bitcoin Node (…plus all the other very useful Apps).

I hope to contribute where possible.

Cheer’s Umbrel !

2 Likes