RPC services not available

It looks like I can’t access RTL, lndg, etc.
docker-compose lnd logs is full of similar messages:

lnd | 2022-05-08 18:55:13.379 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/PendingChannels]: waiting to start, RPC services not available
lnd | 2022-05-08 18:55:13.379 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/ListChannels]: waiting to start, RPC services not available
lnd | 2022-05-08 18:55:13.396 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/ListPayments]: waiting to start, RPC services not available
lnd | 2022-05-08 18:55:13.606 [ERR] RPCS: [/routerrpc.Router/SubscribeHtlcEvents]: waiting to start, RPC services not available
lnd | 2022-05-08 18:55:15.720 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/GetInfo]: waiting to start, RPC services not available

Where should I look to debug what is wrong? Thank you.

BTW, my channel.db is about 6GB. Can this be the issue that it is already too big?

Not really. Yes indeed will be better to compact it (:diamonds:see my guide about it) but it should start anyway LND.
Are you sure bitcoin is syncing?
Can you look also into bitcoin logs?

SSH
cd umbrel
docker-compose logs bitcoin (see if is work=1,000)

Wait a bit longer, maybe is still starting your lnd/waiting for bitcoin. I see that the wallet is not locked, just waiting.
DO NOT restart now, better wait until is done, even if is taking longer. Restart only if bitcoin finishes.

1 Like

It started after about 30-35 minutes. Not sure why it took so long.
Anyway, all good now. Thank you for your quick support.

BTW, lnd is using postgres or some other database? If it is postgres, is there a tool for postgres like there is one for mariadb / mysql (phpmyadmin)? Or how can I access the database to see exactly the structure of tables and data in tables?

Yes, compacting takes time. So be patient, as I mentioned in the guide.
DO NOT interrupt that process.

LND v0.15 is promise to change the database and also less space taken. Is about to get out. Patience.

1 Like