Show me your set up! (Send Nodes)

I think I may have overdone it….:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Love it! Reminds me of a little bitcoin fridge.

1 Like

All Umbrel recommended hardware!

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:This is brilliant! A node into an old power source with fan for refrigeration
Tweet source here

5 Likes

I found I had some problems with the Labist power supply, and I didn’t like the fan. Now using an Ice Tower for cooling and the Raspi official power supply and working well.
Anyway, why 2?

All good so far…Why two, now three? - I had some extra soap dishes left over…

1 Like

Very curious to learn more about that setup and the screen. Anything you can share?

Here’s mine, using the recommended hardware:

2 Likes

I like those legs. I want a very minimal setup. Can you print some more and post them to me?

I paid a printing service to do it from thingverse plans.

This is SICK! I guess you have access to a 3D printer, huh?

Holy hell this is sick. I’m regetting ordering the plain black $75 8735 power case etc :frowning:

1 Like

It looks pretty cool. I found a local guy who does 3d prints in eBay… would you be able to send me the file so I can get some printed? I would be grateful.

Thingverse:

where can I buy it ?

Rasperry Pi4 8GB, Neo case with active cooling, 1TB WD SSD.
Paired with Xiaomi Air purifier for passive cooling (~42c / 107F) , running on wifi so only one cable to genuine power supply.

Usage:
Lightning node, routes a few payments per day, Pi hole - protects all network from adverts, LN Bits - kids allowance that they check via zeus app.

I want to improve redundancy, plan to get a UPS & cellular backup on the modem, plus dual SSD if possible

1 Like

A new rPi 4 node was born today :slight_smile:
The 8GB ram version in an Argon One m.2 case.

2 Likes

I have the same setup. I was wondering if you know about umbrel intergrating with argons fan. I dont think ive ever heard my fan kick in. Does it turn on the fan if its goes above some temp? 50C degrees or something?

I installed the helper by running the script from https://download.argon40.com/argon1.sh
Then you can configure at what temp and at what speed the fan should kick in with sudo argonone-config

I just set it to run 100% when above 58C. Which means it’s usually turned off and temperatures are around 46-52C usually even without the fan. I really like this case :slight_smile: Compact with the m.2 SSD port and feels like high quality overall,

Oh and I managed to turn off that red led as well, by editing /boot/config.txt:

# disable power led
dtparam=pwr_led_trigger=none
dtparam=pwr_led_activelow=off
2 Likes

hey these were some cool tips. thank you so much. will add them in later today
edit: Argon One cooling and Umbrel together - #2 by DHD also found these instructions to be helpful on top of what you said. cause i was immediately thinking wait a min how do i ssh in.
edit2:

source: https://www.argon40.com/learn/index.php/2021/09/09/argon-one-v2-instructions-manual/

1 Like