SSD keeps disconnecting

I’m in the same boat; did you get the thing a they are suggesting?

Did it work?

I got the direct cable, reflashed etc. and now i get this

ok so 3rd usb port out of 4 and it worked. happy days!!

Got the same everytime i try to launch…

So it work just by changing the usb port?

Sorry for late reply, yes it did. How did you go?

tried the two USB 3.0 port nothing change…
Keep trying, to restart, shutdown,unplugged,move some things… nothing works…
Dont wanna flash my SD again as i was just sync…

I noticed the recommended SSD enclosure is different now compared to the previous one that was recommended on Umbrel’s site. I’m curious if this is a deliberate decision by Umbrel since that older enclosure was giving us such grief? Or if they’re simply recommending a newer model and it still causes this nonsense?

Previously recommended SSD enclosure that I purchased and had all the same kind of issues as you guys: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M08LCXW/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_4VD3JK9BD7CDQ8F7DGDB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Currently recommended SSD enclosure: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N48791I/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_CP2ZXYX0TVP1GR71JV0R

I had much of those external drive connection, container issues, etc, but found it was not hardware problem.
What got me rid of it was to take the SSD to Windows, open disk manager and just exclude the whole partition (something about 950 GB). Then take SSD to Pi and do a new instalation.
So, problem was with incompatible formatation of SSD.
I have ordinary cheap parts, but everything is fine since then.

I can confirm what most folks are saying. I used a Fideco K2U-U3 USB 3.0 to 2.5in Case and had issues. I decided to go straight cable and this worked.

What do you mean by excluding a partition? What actions did you perform in Windows Disk Management?

Excluding a partition will erase everything on that apart of disk. Select the partition and chose exclude action.
But you must use official power supply, and verify if usb cables are firmly atached to their connector, or you will stay having disconetions problem.
USB cables are not the best connection system, they not very reliable. And some parts are bad quality and have to be soon discarded.
And use a no-break to avoid ac line failure, they will corrupt files.