What apps would you like to be added to the Umbrel App Store?

Bisq would be my preference.
However, I am of the mindset that if additional apps present additional security risks via increased attack vectors, I’d rather Umbrel focus on ensuring node is kept as secure as possible.
However, that baing said, I have multiple RaspPis, so am contemplating running one as BTC/LN node and one as additional app server.
As ever, thank you for the great work in creating this very useful infrastructure and toolkit. :grinning: :heart:

2 Likes

Bisq, Bisq, Bisq or a new umbrel decentralized peer to peer exchange, fiat-BTC only.

And a decentralized dead man’s switch to send info to loved ones in case of death.

2 Likes

And how Bisq will help you to have it as app inside Umbrel?
Doesn’t make sense.
Bisq is a total independent app that works in its own way and also through Tor.
Also Bisq is not web based portable. so it can’t be integrated.
Bisq really don’t need to be in Umbrel.

I believe it would help by being always on running on the Raspberry Pi, and by spreading adoption within all umbrel node operators.

In order to run Umbrel today, you need to have a PC on with the app running. By having it on Umbrel, it would always be up and running, the same way as with Nextcloud and the other new apps.

Spreading the use of decentralized on/off ramps is paramount.

2 Likes

Yes I know the importance of Bisq. I use it too. But I don’t see the necessity and possibility to integrate it in Umbrel.
Umbrel apps are dockerized so I don’t think Bisq can be like that.
In a special case can be just as a web interface to watch your orders like the mobile app, but that doesn’t help too much.
Bisq is designed to be run on your own PC, from where you operate it.

1 Like

It is a pity then. I don’t have my PC on all the time with Bisq running, and I believe most people won’t have it either. I think I would use it much more if i could use it from my phone by having it running on a Pi. And it could be running in a Pi the same way Nextcloud can, but using the Umbrel Bitcoin node would add a lot of value to avoid relying on other nodes to validate transactions. Also, if/when Bisq eventually adds lightning it would be a big win to have it on Umbrel.

I understand there are technical difficulties to run Bisq as an App in Umbrel, but maybe a similar new exchange can be developed, custom made for Umbrel. It would grow fast.

1 Like
  1. IPFS
  2. Ethereum Wallet/Explorer/NFT Viewer
  3. Tezos Wallet/Explorer/NFT Viewer
  4. Please add way to update pihole from UI.
  5. Include ability to sync blockchain via satellite. https://blockstream.com/ Faster Blockchain sync without internet.:slight_smile: Uses COTS SDR Dongles.
  6. Plex
  7. Tor Bridge
  8. Terminal for access to docker containers to run manual update commands.
  9. Wireguard VPN
  10. ZeroTier VPN https://www.zerotier.com/
  11. Syncthing
    I’ll stop their for now or I may go on forever. :slight_smile:
1 Like

OpenMediaVault

SyncThing

Plex

Duplicati

1 Like

Personally I prefer sticking with BTC. Putting other apps (Bitwarden etc.) is nice, but ultimately IMO will cause more issues when your trying to secure your BTC. Would love to see charge-lnd, balance of satoshi, and some sort of watchtower application added.

4 Likes

Homeassistant supervised version. It´s necesary to get some other integrations.

1 Like

Would love to get AdGuard Home as an alternative to PiHole. I’ve actually submitted a request for this if any one wants to upvote and encourage the devs to make it available: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/discussions/3763

1 Like

this app need GUI :pray::sweat_smile:

Watchtowers in the GUI.
coupled with a way to monitor that they are connected and working.

3 Likes

Watch tower in GUI.

3 Likes

Duplicati to backup the app-data folder

1 Like

nginx proxy manager

5 Likes

Seafile would be awesome!

Zion, a decentralized social network built on Bitcoin

1 Like

I personally would love the ability to host a Monero node alongside a Bitcoin node. Not sure this addition would go over well with Bitcoin purists, but I thought I’d put in my two cents and hope I’m not the only one interested in the idea.

Also Jellyfin (a FOSS alternative to Plex)

4 Likes

MagicMirror

For implementing the node in a cool frame that display the market info

1 Like